• Daily News
  • Weekly News
  • Special Editions
  • Oil and Gas Events
  • Key Economic Indicators
  • Other Services
Country List
  • Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Egypt
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Kuwait
  • Libya
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • UAE
  • Yemen
  • General News
PAM
  • Project Activity Monitoring
  • Company Activity Monitoring

For Free Headlines Submit Your Email

Login  

Thursday, August 20, 2026 19:18 GMT

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Archive
  • Contact Us

News

UAE Suspends All Trade, Financial Activity with Iran until Further Notice


The United Arab Emirates has suspended all trade activities, exchanges, and financial transactions with Iran until further notice, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday, citing regional escalation that it said undermined regional and international peace and security.

In a statement on X, spokesperson and Director of the Strategic Communications Department at the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs Afra Al Hameli rejected allegations regarding the status of the country’s economic relationship with Iran, saying all trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Tehran had been halted until further notice.

She reiterated the UAE’s commitment to dialogue, cooperation and regional integration as essential means of advancing peace, stability and prosperity in the region.

“In light of regional escalations that undermine regional and international peace and security, all trade, commercial exchanges, and financial transactions with Iran have been halted until further notice,” Al Hameli said. She also stressed that the UAE remained firmly committed to safeguarding the integrity of the international financial system in line with international law and the highest global standards.

The announcement came after the UAE Defense Ministry said it detected two Iranian ballistic missiles that targeted maritime navigation. The UAE had recently accused Iran of attacking its state-owned ADNOC vessels while transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran has not claimed responsibility for the attacks on ADNOC vessels. Iran's Revolutionary Guards have previously threatened action against vessels transiting the strait if they are linked to Tehran's adversaries or fail to comply with Iranian directives.

Tensions in the Middle East have heightened after the US and Israel launched joint strikes on Iran. In response, Tehran retaliated with strikes in regional countries, including the UAE, hosting US assets.

In mid-June, Iran and the US signed a memorandum of understanding under Pakistani mediation aimed at ending their war and reaching a lasting peace agreement.

Talks, however, have since broken down amid ongoing disputes over the memorandum’s terms and navigation through the Hormuz Strait, a critical route for global energy exports. - The Express Tribune


published:19/08/2026 04:54 GMT

Related News

  • UAE-Owned Oil Tanker Detained Near Iran’s Qeshm Island: Report  18/08/2026 06:13 GMT
  • UAE Reportedly Unfreezes Iranian Assets  16/08/2026 06:56 GMT
  • Illicit Iranian Network Funneled US$4 Billion through Dubai Crypto ...  02/08/2026 06:58 GMT
  • 1st Flight in 4 Months from Tehran Lands in Dubai Airport  30/06/2026 06:09 GMT
  • Iran, UAE Restart Trade via Jebel Ali Port  28/06/2026 06:23 GMT

© 2026 BEDigest. All Rights Reserved.

to read more about this project please go to